Weinberg & Gaspirc Chartered Accountants LLP was established in July 1996 and continues to serve the not-for-profit and owner managed business markets. We are committed to providing close, personal attention to our clients and take pride in giving you the assurance that the expertise you receive comes from our 20 years of service, advanced training, technical experience and financial acumen.
As the list below is by no means comprehensive, please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed.
SERVICES FOR THE NOT-FOR-PROFIT SECTOR
We have built a substantial body of knowledge and experience in the not-for-profit sector and the services we provide our clients include:
We serve as controllers and/or CFO’s in a number of hospital foundations and other not-for-profits and charities
We perform the year-end audit for a number of not-for-profits and charities as well as preparation of required CRA regulatory filings.
Weinberg & Gaspirc have been engaged to assist a number of not-for-profits and charities in setting up appropriate accounting structures, compliance reporting with donor and funder agreements, aligning policies with the organizations’ needs, structuring record keeping and reporting for endowments and restricted gifts of various kinds, and implementing other best practices. We have assisted many of our clients with policy development, procedures reviews, internal control assessments, designing custom reports for management, committees and Boards and other governance related projects, as requested.
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of cost effective accounting services including the following:
- General ledger & financial statement preparation
- Bookkeeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual)
- Accounting system setup for new businesses
- Compilation of financial statements
ASSURANCE AND AUDIT SERVICES
Quality and hands on approach is our methodology for all of our audit work.
Additionally our audit approach includes:
- General Ledger and Financial Statement Preparation
- Foundational Elements of Quality
- Governance and Leadership
- Government Regulatory Management
TAX PLANNING AND SERVICES
We prefer to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year.
- Tax planning for individuals and corporations
- Return preparation for; individuals, corporations, estates and trusts and Not-for-Profit organizations
- Provincial and federal commodity tax planning and compliance
- Tax considerations in matrimonial settlements
- Tax effects of buying/selling a business
- Tax effective retirement and estate planning
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business.
The following are just a few of the areas in which we provide consulting services:
- Accounting software selection and implementation
- Buying/Selling a Business
- Business Process Improvement
- Financial & Retirement Planning
ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTING SERVICES
Due to our diverse client base, we encounter a wide array of financial and tax issues. As a result, we have gained valuable experience over the years in numerous specialized areas, many of which are listed below. We feel our ability to provide such a variety of services reflects our versatility and competency, as well as our dedication to quality client service.
- Business Start-up or Expansion